Sunday, May 4, 2008

Job Hunting


These past few days, aside from joggling work and family responsibilities, I have been helping my brother find a good job for himself. I've written an entry about his graduation here. For those who were not able to read it, my brother just graduated from college last April 16. He finished a four years course in Information Technology.

I have been giving him instructions and tips on what to do on or during interviews. He's attended job fairs but is unfortunate to fine one. I'm afraid he won't find a job any sooner. You see, my brother seems to have this inferiority complex. He doesn't go out that much by himself in our neighborhood. He doesn't really like talking to strangers or going to new places without somebody he knows. He doesn't talk much either. He doesn't like being asked too many questions and is afraid he might give the wrong answer. Generally, I think, he simply lacks self-confidence. That's why I have been trying to spend much of my days off work with him. So far, I have made sure that he's got a decent resumé, an online account for job hunting and lots of moral support to boost his confidence. I've contacted and introduced him to friends and people whi might also be of help to him.

I'll be doing more job hunts adn research online so I could help him better. Anyways, he would be a lot of help to the family if he finds a job. I just hope and pray it happens soon...

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a good sister, Raine. Just be there for your bro when he needs you, but you also need to remember that the rest is up to him.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, would you like to exchange links?

Florence

LadyJava said...

Hi.. I need your help.. Could you please change the link of the Red Hot Drops badge image to this new one..

Just look for this line...

http://ladyjava.googlepages.com/redhotdrop.jpg

and replace it with this line

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t127/ladyjavva/redhotdrop.jpg

Thank you and please treat this as an urgent request.
LadyJava

Anonymous said...

I hope also he get a good job! bon courage! and you are a very sweet sister..

Anonymous said...

Raine, if you were here somewhere in India I surely can give you a helping hand! I come across couple of few job opportunities both in and outside my company everyday. Hope your brother finds a decent job sooner! :)

blogger templates | Make Money Online